Monotype Imaging is a leading provider of advanced font products specializing in font technologies, type design, multilingual font development & licensing and software development for mobile phones. The Monotype Imaging team is renowned for its TrueType and OpenType font expertise, and can tune fonts for on-screen legibility in Microsoft Windows as well as Digital TV, Set Top Boxes, Mobile Phones, Game Consoles, Embedded Systems, Consumer Electronics and other devices.
Ascender is proud to offer licenses for Microsoft's fonts - to everyone from end users looking for a font that came with an old version of Publisher to developers and enterprises seeking Microsoft fonts for compatibility purposes, or for their on-screen quality or language support features.
At Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2010, Tami Reller, Corporate Vice President and CFO, Windows & Windows Live provided some interesting statistics about Windows and PCs:
View the full presentation.
- There are 1.1 billion PC users worldwide
- In the first seven months, 150 million licenses of Windows 7 were sold
- 370 million Windows PCs expected to be shipped in the next 12 months
- 40 million netbooks are expected to ship in the next 12 months
- 74% of businesses still run Microsoft Windows XP
Labels: Microsoft, Netbooks, Windows, Windows 7, Windows XP